Addiction can be a relentless and isolating battle that affects not only the struggling individuals but also their families and communities. The Health Service Alliance (HSA) is dedicated to providing comprehensive and integrated primary medical, dental, mental health, and substance abuse treatment services to low-income residents in southwest San Bernardino County, California. We understand that addiction can touch anyone, regardless of background or socioeconomic status. With a focus on serving those living below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) in various cities, we are committed to helping individuals in Chino, Montclair, Ontario, Pomona, Upland, Palm Desert, and Rancho Cucamonga recover from addiction.
Addiction in Southwest San Bernardino County, California
Addiction in Southwest San Bernardino County, California, affects a significant portion of the local population. Factors like economic stress, lack of access to comprehensive healthcare, and limited resources for addiction treatment have contributed to the gravity of the addiction problem in this area. As such, addressing addiction in Southwest San Bernardino County requires a collaborative effort that provides essential services to those in need and works to improve the overall health and well-being of the community.
Recognizing The Need For Help
Acknowledging that addiction affects your life or the life of someone you care about is the crucial first step. Although admitting you have an addiction problem requires great vulnerability, seeking help is a sign of strength and courage, not weakness. Addiction can impact anyone, so it’s important to remember that you are not alone.
Some signs that you or a loved one may need help with addiction include:
- Needing more of a substance to achieve the desired effect.
- Experiencing physical or psychological symptoms when the substance is not used.
- Being unable to cut down or control substance use.
- Failing to meet work, school, or home obligations because of substance use.
- Taking risks while under the influence, such as driving intoxicated.
- Withdrawing from friends and family or giving up on social activities.
- Losing interest in activities once enjoyed.
- Hiding substance use or engaging in deceptive behavior to acquire drugs or alcohol.
- Struggling with financial problems due to spending on substances.
- Suffering from physical or mental health issues related to substance use.
- Repeatedly trying to quit or cut back on substance use without success.
- Strong desires or urges to use the substance.
- Facing conflict, tension, or deterioration of relationships because of addiction.
- Ignoring personal hygiene, nutrition, or overall self-care.
- Experiencing legal issues related to substance use, such as arrests or DUIs.
How Can You Get Help For Addiction Challenges?
Reach Out to HSA
Reach out to us. We provide a safe and welcoming environment for individuals seeking help for addiction. You can contact us through our website or directly visit one of our service locations. We have dedicated staff members trained and experienced in helping those facing addiction issues.
Undergo A Complete Assessment and Evaluation
Upon reaching out, you or your loved one will undergo an initial assessment and evaluation process. This step helps us understand the specific needs and challenges you are facing. We’ll gather information about your history of substance use, medical and mental health history, and any other relevant details. This information is crucial for tailoring a treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
Follow & Stick To A Personalized Treatment Plan
We believe in a personalized approach to addiction treatment. We recognize that each person’s journey to recovery is unique. Your treatment plan may include a combination of medical, psychological, and social services. Our experienced team will work with you to develop a plan that aligns with your goals, addressing the addiction and any underlying mental health issues.
Participate In Behavioral Therapy and Counseling
One cornerstone of addiction treatment at HSA is behavioral therapy and counseling. Our licensed therapists and counselors are dedicated to helping individuals address the root causes of their addiction and develop coping strategies for a healthier, substance-free life.
Consider Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
For individuals struggling with opioid addiction, we offer Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). MAT combines medication with counseling and behavioral therapy to address addiction’s physical and psychological aspects. This approach has been proven effective in helping individuals regain control over their lives.
Explore & Take Advantage Of Supportive Services
We also provide a range of supportive services, including access to medical and dental care, which can play a crucial role in an individual’s overall well-being during their recovery journey. Comprehensive care ensures that both physical and mental health are addressed, helping to reduce the risk of relapse.
Our comprehensive care includes:
- Dental Services. Dental health can be compromised during addiction due to neglect or side effects of substance use. Addressing dental issues can improve self-esteem and overall health, aiding in addiction recovery.
- Family Practice. Family practitioners can address any physical health issues related to substance abuse and provide general healthcare support throughout recovery.
- Family Counseling. Family counseling helps repair and rebuild relationships, fostering a supportive and understanding environment for the individual in recovery. It can also teach family members how to be effective allies in recovery.
- Pediatrics. For parents in recovery, pediatric care ensures the well-being of their children. Addressing children’s health needs is essential to maintaining family stability, which, in turn, can provide a supportive environment for the individual in recovery.
- Psychiatry. Psychiatric services can diagnose and treat mental health conditions, helping individuals address underlying causes of addiction and manage their mental health effectively.
- Psychology. Psychologists can offer therapy and counseling that focuses on the psychological aspects of addiction, helping individuals develop coping strategies, identify triggers, and work through emotional challenges related to substance abuse.
- Veteran’s Health. Veterans may have unique needs and experiences related to addiction. Veteran-specific healthcare services can provide support tailored to their experiences, including addressing trauma, PTSD, or other military-related factors that may contribute to addiction.
- Women’s Health. Women’s health services can address specific health needs, such as prenatal care and addressing any gynecological issues, while also addressing the unique challenges women may face in addiction and recovery.
Peer Support and Group Therapy
Peer support and group therapy can be powerful tools for individuals in recovery. HSA offers group sessions where you can connect with others who understand your struggles and share their experiences, providing a sense of community and encouragement.
Let Us Help You Say Goodbye To Addiction For Good
Addiction can be a challenging battle, but it’s not one that you have to face alone. The Health Service Alliance is here to provide comprehensive and integrated primary medical, dental, mental health, and substance abuse treatment services to low-income residents in southwest San Bernardino County. We are committed to helping individuals on their journey to recovery, addressing not only the addiction but also any underlying mental health issues.
Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength and courage. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you or a loved one are struggling with addiction. We are dedicated to guiding you towards a healthier, more fulfilling, and substance-free life. Contact us today and take the first step towards a brighter, addiction-free future with the Health Service Alliance.